Over the past week, the Dutch Government has further tightened the measures taken earlier in order to prevent the further spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Altera will, in accordance with its business continuity plan, continue to provide its services remotely until the 1st of June 2020. The welfare of our employees and our customers remains our priority.
The measures taken by the government also have an impact on a number of our tenants. As long as the government measures are in force, we will offer tailor-made solutions for both residential and retail tenants affected.
As a result of the COVID-19 measures, tenants may run into rent payment problems. Altera works together with its property managers on tailor-made solutions for these tenants, particularly flex workers, self-employed persons and independent entrepreneurs. This means, among other things, that Altera:
- in the event of acute rent payment problems, we look for a tailor-made solution together with the tenant,
- does not charge any collection costs for tenants who have run into problems due to COVID-19,
- postpone evictions for the time being (with the exception of criminal activities or extreme nuisance),
- assesses eviction procedures that were in progress before 12 March on a case-by-case basis.
Several interest groups, including Retail Netherlands and the Association of Institutional Investors in the Netherlands (IVBN), appealed to all retailers and retail property owners in the Netherlands. Altera responds to this call, which means, among other things, that Altera:
- until further notice does not maintain the agreed operating schedule e/o changed opening hours,
- the quarterly rents for Q2 that take effect on 1 April will be temporarily adjusted to monthly rents,
- during the crisis months no penalty or interest will be charged on any agreed deferred rent payments,
- the stores that do not have a substantial drop in revenue (substantial is >25%) will not be discussed in the short term.
For more information about the call: https://www.ivbn.nl/actueel-artikel-detail/oproep-aan-alle-huurders-en-verhuurders-van-winkelruimte-in-nederland.
We will continue to closely monitor government advice and measures and, where necessary, make adjustments to our services.
You can reach us via our mobile phones, e-mail addresses or centrally via 020- 545 20 50 or email@example.com.